Wednesday, July 02, 2003

" The wind blows past me, whispers harsh yet sweet.
Remember, remember? It seems to say
The times when you felt this way?
People were all around but the wind,
Kind yet tactless, encumbered me with its loneliness.
That night when I wanted so much to hold him.

Taking in the smells the night air brings.
It invades my mind.
Do you feel the way I do now?
Sing along to my tune
Cos I want someone who’ll understand.

See my flag of sweet surrender.
So won’t someone so sweep me off my feet.
The ground growing roots into my feet,
I want to dance so far and so free.
In love with the struggle, do I want to break free?

It’s fading now and taking its leave.
But this feeling won’t abandon me
It’ll come back for me.
And I’ll be waiting
Because I love it too. "


i'm feeling like i did on new yr's eve. it's something bout the air tonight. i remember watching the I'm With You video a hundred and one times after i first heard it not long after new yr. no, i don't like poser punk rock. but the words just spoke for me.
Won't you take me by the hand, take me somewhere new. i don't know who you are but i'm with you. i'm with you.

laugh and snicker if you want to. i don't want to care cos i'm taking it all in, relishing the narcotic melancholy. i only have this one chance to live. so i'll breathe it in again. and again. and again.

No comments: