Monday, February 28, 2005

:: Agaetis Byrjun - sigur ros

something's been fucking with my moods. i'm sitting dwn at my table now, having completed a round of banging on the piano keys and torturing nieghbours with my angst-filled half-baked sonatina. i hate i fucking hate it, practising for stupid psalms. maybe when it rains another sticky rain tmr, God will conveniently strike me dwn with a bolt or two. i don't care, i hate fucking psalms; what i hate even more is fucking them up. no, i don't have any patience to figure my way through sharps and flats. i realise i'm missing the whole point of being a good cantor. i sing without meaning it and i tremble at the altar and make bargains with God in hope tt he'll spare me from my own screw-ups.

oh and what a coincidence i just got an email frm john-

"... I've received complaints from the congregation.
Last Sunday, one of our Cantors was dressed inappropriately.

To repeat myself again, for ladies, short skirts (anything above knee-length), revealing tops (e.g. spaghetti strips) and attires with suggestive prints or overpowering myraid of colours are not encouraged. "Not encouraged" is a politically correct way of putting the message across. "Not allowed" is the point.

Please bear in mind you are representing the Cantor Ministry and this is a Mass. Not a fashion show. This is the first complaint that actually came from no one BUT the congregation. I really hope there will be no such incidents again..."



no, i sing on saturdays, not sundays. but i might be tt one who's guilty of wearing magenta shirts with black pinstriped pants and green shoes. or maybe it was my gaudy kebaya tt cucuk'd someone eh? *rolling eyes*
and , i don't feel like i'm representing anyone but myself when i sing up there. i sppose i sound a little obsessed with myself (which i know- and you should know- i am). i'm tt horny bitchy bohemian rebel who's constantly trying to strike a deal with God cos i'm past my age of blind faith and reached the stage of nonchalant cynicism. WILL GOD SAVE ME(?). How bout if i gave up the next contact sheet for a crappy one?

No comments: