Saturday, July 30, 2005

:: Amie - damien rice


you should know tt there are things more beautiful than making love. there are feelings- that i cannot express in words- tt i love to revel in.

i was lying on lidong's topdeck bed, listening to damien rice and looking out the window and for the first time, i noticed the dazzling view of the cars in the night. tt, together with amie and the crisp sounds of the drizzle outside. i couldn't take my eyes and ears away frm sights and sounds and as i imbibed it all, i started drowning in my thoughts. i know and love scenes like this. i get it looking out the window at st george's too and it brings me back to the times when we lived at bedok reservoir and i shared the room with zeh zeh. when i couldn't sleep on some rainy nights, i'd tiptoe to the window to watch the cars whoosh past on the wet road downstairs. then i'd look across the reservoir at the little lights crossing the horizon. mesmerized, i stick my hands out of the window in unbridled wonder and sigh as the air outside surrounded my fingers.

"i saw a spaceship fly by your window. did you see it disappear?"

Look, you can see the cars from up here, i whispered to lidong. It's so beautiful. and then all those unexplainable feelings welled up inside of me and my eyes glazed over. i'm gonna cry, i announced softly just before a giant teardrop rolled out of my eye. i started weeping (yes, weeping) and i lost myself in the night. i looked until i couldn't stand it then i turned to face lidong but i couldn't answer questions like why i was crying cos i didn't know why myself. i told him how i used to watch cars and i how beautiful i thought this damien rice song was, and he hugged me and let me cry. i don't think there was anything particularly joyous bout the mood but the feeling was so intense i could just burst. if i could die like that, and in your arms,- however selfish i may seem to myself- it would be good.

No comments: