Monday, July 18, 2005

it's one of those days of contentment for me. it's the weather. and the music. it has just occured to me tt i'm the only person i know who sits in front of the radio just to listen to it. you know, like how it was back in the days when no one had tv, and listening to radio like some kindof event. gold 90 fm is playing really good songs now.

today was the first day at work for me. at noon i was surprised at how quickly time had shimmied past. this is good, i remember i said to myself. hah. the only thing bout things going well now (well, fairly) is tt it lessens the chances of it getting better. yea, i guess i don't want to be over-optimistic. see, now lidong's job and mine are as similar as they get - we both wake up at 5.30 (he's delighted to know tt we can give each other wake up calls. eck.) and we are both stuck with more than a hundred male shorts-wearing juveniles. only thing is i tt earn almost 3 times more than him. heh.

i went for the baybeats, saturday sunday. saturday was good. bumped into shaiful, marina and her bf, yongping, jermaine, dom and gf, andrew and julius and gin gang, michelle chan (who worked audio for poptart) with audrey and jaime, mcm michelle who was hosting at the village, kaylene and mark, kumar with vick and the fsv zaki. tt's all i can remember now. i met up with lidong and we met some of the seniors also. sunday i met vien, jing, and bumped into andrew and later ira. out of all the acts (missed love me butch but heard they were just ok this yr) , i liked brandtson, serenaide (bought their cd), tempered mental (faz let me copy their cd last time when she bought it haha but i lost it), lucy in the loo (wah their vocalist hot haha), copeland and KLPHQ (mogwai-ish and so beautiful). and then there was poptart, where i enjoyed myself the most. i danced and danced and danced and danced and danced. oh happy happy happy. i got quite high from the adrenalin rush tt i couldn't stop dancing. it took an extremely tired and sick-looking lidong to get me away frm the shaking and grooving. even then, i was still uncontrollably excited and coulddn't stop grinning and shouting along to the kkk took my baby away as i struggled to repel the pull of the beat. they spinned franz ferdinand, the cure, green day, new order, and lots more tt i can't recall. recently i'd been wondering what poptart was and now i finally knew it and i fucking loved it. i reportedly had a crazed look in my eyes, even crazier than the time when i lost myself laughing at borsch steakhse. (i saw andrew dancing too and wanted to introduce him to lidong but the former didn't see me.) i cannot begin to describe how naturally it came and how good it felt - the energy pulsing through my body. it was like my love for music and beat was releasing itself through each move i made. and it made me so happy to see pple around me letting go of themselves too. it was like a whole sea of random movement to one sound; and it was just entrancing.

but as i skipped away frm the discotheque for the first time (i went back again later), i was feeling a little sad because i realised tt as i was dancing, i was feeling so far away frm lidong; like, it was as if he was standing at an unprecedented distance and i was looking at his tiny rigid figure frm afar. and no matter how happy i was, i wasn't able to transpose it over to him and cause him to feel the joy tt was oozing frm my pores. i feared tt i may even have scared him with my audacious self-indulgence. i just wish he'll never stop indulging me and indulging himself with me. i wanna rock with you all night, oh baby baby.

No comments: