Monday, September 03, 2007

le 2 septembre 2007, samedi, 6.30pm? :

:: Guess I'm Doing Fine – beck


how apt. oh well. it's one of those oh well days. got a headache- the kind you get from straining your eyes too much or squinting the whole day cos the sun is so glaring, because I did precisely that. I think I actually woke up with the headache cos my neck was in a funny position but all that, and carrying all the luggage round aggravated it.

thinking bout headaches makes my head ache even more. but it's really a consolation I guess; an excuse for myself to not go out and socialize and make friends to eat dinner with.

oh guess what? my neighbour donis- who I went to kacau just now bout calling card/ internet just invited me to have dinner with him and tim, another exchange guy who I already spoke to before on msn, thanks to facebook. so yay, I now have dinner settled and so the tv dinner I bought just now can hang in the freezer for another day.

then, as I sat down again, these three girls from upstairs came knocking, trying to make friends on my floor. how nice. sounds like something I'd do on a less painful day, in a hopeful situation.

it's not that i haven't been making any friends. I met steve and his mum at the airport while waiting for the pick-up and then got to know agathe on the pickup and ended up getting me a place at the jail hostel where she already had a place. I wonder if, to the strange French mind, we are like chummies since we hung out for together for some of the time we spent in jail. anyways, I gave her a hug before I got into the taxi to marchand just now and she and me we bisous'd.

in jail, I also met jenna who's in residence with me now, anne (exchange frm Sweden), sophie (qui fait un stage), linda (a nice middle-aged toronto lady on holiday) and anders (denmark), gaieton (belgium), Jeffrey (canada) and peter (oz) whom i shared the rm with on the first night. good thing I was moved to the normal cell the second night; it was too smelly, noisy and stuffy in the co-ed bunker.

last night me and agathe went to leblanc (the francophone residence) to look up yusra, a Toronto girl I met while looking for the stupid arts faculty office which is not even located in the arts building (how lame..). we ended up packing subway and watching Perfume with some leblanc pple till past midnight.

oh ya, I also met another exchange student andreas, with his gf at the international office. and then bumped into him again later at the tabaret.

and on the planes and in transit, ms kaypoh me also made conversation with bout 5 pple.

I think I speak to an extroadinary number of pple, more pple than anyone i know has spoken to. I guess this doesn't have any significance but nvm.

tmr, I have to go buy pots and pans and stuff and raw food to cook. my last rice meal was on ANA. the airline food was all quite good and as usual, I wacked everything on the tray. didn’t shit it all out till today man. maybe tt's why i've been feeling a bit crappy.

I hope I can make good friends here, as opposed to just acquaintances. i mean i still like talking to random pple but I need a few close friends. and cos I haven’t got my net set up, my alone-ness is so bloody glaring.

je vais me reposer sur mon lit pour quelques moments car j'ai encore le mal de la tête. à bientôt.


le 2 septembre 2007, samedi, 9.49pm :

{:o)))))))
dinner was really nice. green pea and tomato sauce paiella with fried sausages and sunny-side-up eggs. and interesting conversation with me floormates donis, andy and tim and nuno from upstairs. in between, drop-bys frm pple on our floor. also met the two girls frm third floor and the two French girls on my floor too. haha. i’m so pleased now- with everything.

oh and nuno reminds me so much of ali G but andy thinks we shouldn't tell him. haha I can’t stop laughing to myself. he’s quite cute lah. quite chav-like but cute haha.

No comments: