Sunday, February 06, 2011

:: There Is No Love - charlie lim


only love can make you feel so high- and so dry.


i remember an evening a couple of weeks back. i was just drifting in my usual area, and msged random pple (well ok, maybe not so random) to find a companion for the night. while i do very profoundly enjoy hanging out with myself, there are many times i feel like i'm . of course, hardly anyone replied. tt is the usual, but of course there's always tt asshole who sits in my consciousness and tells me to just give it a shot anyway and then there's me, the fool, who listens to tt faceless voice. so i walk a lonely 10 minutes or so and then daddy calls.

and then it occured to me tt this nagging loneliness that was plaguing me is probably wat my father feels a lot of the time when he's not working. which is prob why he calls me every so often on saturdays (which is not our usual go-out day) to ask wat i'm doing or if i'm at the esplanade again. and it's also probably why he sometimes asks me to go over and stay. i suddenly felt bad for the times he asked me to stay and i just shot back with some lame excuse to not stay over (when really, i was just being lazy). tt evening i concluded tt this loneliness i've been feeling is probably retribution. and i can think of so reasons why i deserve to feel lonely. so anyway, i ended up hanging out with daddy tt night and i think i stayed over at his place too. no, i wasn't trying to gain karma points. i guess i did it out of empathy. if i was gonna be moping round town, i might as well do it while making someone else a bit less lonely. and also because, even though daddy wasn't on my "random" pple list, i think maybe i needed someone around to distract me.

so there. there's just one thing i've been thinking bout. one of the many.


i sometimes feel like i'm in a movie. is this normal? i suddenly realise tt this question is quite inane, cos i don't really care wat the answer is.


There is no love
No future in nostalgia
No blessing in brokenness
Only feelings to be guilty of
But i'm waiting for someone to prove me wrong

No comments: