Sunday, September 26, 2004

it's been a while. i've resolved my connection woes by dwnlding some dunnowat stuff from microsoft website and doing some shit to my firewalls.

went to komala's with jon and gad to get our much-needed dose of gulab jamun. (note to self: remember to try tt tasty looking thingy on the chaat menu.) it's nice to see jon and gad hanging out together, two best friends; nearly - yes, nearly - macam matair.

on the bus ride downtown, i was thinking bout how people are so different in the way they bring up their kids. like how some pple are so havoc and all but then just mellow when they have kids, while some pple just stay their oddball selves or become even weirder. which little box will i fall into?
and i'm always very amazed when i hear bout married couples who started off not speaking a common language, like uncle leonard and aunty sumali.

i was drained from not sleeping and being in distress (because my msn kept disconnecting and my connection kept slowing and i'm a pathetic online addict who cant go to bed without checking my email five times or various blogs including my own) so i had a nice shower when i got home; sat on the stool in the toilet and gave my feet a nice scrub with the pumice and massaged in between my toes. and then smothered my whole self with excessive amounts of moisturiser.

[oh ya,... sidetrack: my left knee gave way on tuesday during printjourn so after hobbling over to galileo for lunch, i retreated back to the benches near the cage and did not move frm there for the next 2 hrs till karol came and we went for script lecture. joshua was at home sick and durga was at home lazy haha, and jermaine and amy had gone home. so the only company i had for those 2 hrs was the occasional friend who would walk past and i lost count of how many times i repeated the i have wonky knees story. so the point i was gonna make was tt i had to buy new shoes with better support at ridiculous prices and i am now limited to asics and teva footwear.]

so anyway, i was deadbeat and at nearly 11pm friday night, instead of going online, i lay in bed in the dark, listening to Symphony. somewhere between my elevated state and lala-land, i concluded tt i don't have the gift of music; but wat i have is the wonderful ability to appreciate music in almost all it's forms. my eyes were wide open as i lay there imagining tt perhaps the happiest moment in my entire life would be finding the one person who could share this moment with me. he and me, we would lie there not saying a word while the music floated around us, wrapping us in its loveliness.

and then my hands extended in front of me, i did a little shimmy with them and then pretended they were graceful ballerinas, picking up the soft melodies. then i thought bout how lonely mummy looked (because uncle jeffrey was working shift tt night) when i said nite-nite to her just before i tucked myself in and i felt so sad for mummy. sonatas and sonatinas dang-dang-ge-dang-danging on the piano remind me of how there is much solace and much joy and so much emotion tt music can offer the way nothing else can. i love wat music does to me- i really, really do.

No comments: