Saturday, September 11, 2004

so i didn't get the nuss job. and i can't say i'm not upset. apparently, the manager didn't want me cos i looked too young. bloody idiot, so fussy for wat. all the other pple who auditioned only satisfied one of the 3 criterion he wanted - young, pretty, can sing. then i come along, and he says too young. tsk. (i'm not saying i'm an extremely hire-worthy specimen, but i believe tt overall i can quite make it).

anyway zehzeh, joshua and ericca came to watch me sing. and then of course there was melvin and helen (the one who sings with melvin now). they all said i sang well but i swear i spat out some flat notes. Janice (Melvin's agent) said i just need to familiarise myself with all the standard jazz songs and doll up a bit and she'll let me know if any hotels need crooners. but then i'd have to sing with someone i don't know cos melvin will be with nuss. you know, what i really hated was tt stupid disinterested look on the manager's face when i was singing.

i know i shouldn't have placed my hopes too high but i was already planning wat to do with my 1000$++ salary if i did get the job (200 for mummy and uncle jeffrey, 100 for zehzeh, 100 for the church box for the poor, 100 for mama, 50 for uncle boy, 20 for the old man who plays the er-hu outside tampines mrt, at least 1$ worth of tissue frm every blind tissue seller who approaches me, 2$ for every busker i see, 250 to treat various pple to lunch/tea/dinner/watever, 400 to go into my savings acct and bout 100 to keep in my piggy bank as taxi money). maybe i shouldn't become a hotel lounge singer; don't want to have to doll up 3 times a week and have silly drunk men ogle at me and i'm afraid i may sing myself crazy. nvm, i will just earn my dough tt way then i'll retire and use the money to set up my own band and then i can dress how i like and sing wat i like, when i like.

after i sang josh left for some meeting and i joined zehzeh and her friends to eat dessert. (i really appreciate zehzeh's support for me. i don't think many siblings would bother to be as proud as she is of me). anyway... i didn't want to go home feeling lousy so i asked josh if he was nearby and we ended up watching midnight movie at lido with some of his friends. The Terminal. really entertaining and catherine zeta-jones' name in the film was Amelia. don't especially like her, but it's always nice to have my name in a nice show. joshua's friend pamela is really pretty and stylo. and then there were 2 guys called cheng and zig. it's refreshing to meet new pple sometimes.

my nextdoor neighbour just told us tt there was a snatchtheft downstairs last night at bout 11. i know pple laugh at my ideas, but i'm convinced tt the best deterrent would be a tickle-me cookie monster or elmo. activate the toy and wave it round and laugh to yourself as you walk home late at night. i'm convinced tt's gonna freak any robber out of stealing your stuff.

No comments: