Tuesday, February 28, 2006

:: Road to Nowhere - talking heads

i don't know why i'm blogging since i don't really have anything to say at the moment. my hand still hurts frm karate. well ok, * **** ***** ******* ** *** *** ***** **** **** **. i guess tt sounds pretty brazen but i'm really quite sheepish when it comes to this. my baby, he makes me feel like a little girl (tsk tsk tsk). sometimes i wonder if i'm an emotional leech but i wouldn't think too much bout tt if i were you.

i'm not actually having any problems adapting or settling here. and tt's (quite ironically) making me wonder if (and why, if there was such thing as a reason for such an intangible thing) life is just slipping by me. you know how at times you look back and go 'wow tt seems like just yesterday'? i sometimes think tt so one day i told myself: this will be day one. i will consciously live frm today and then at the next turn in my life i will look back and see if it really seems as short when i'm actually counting my days like this.

i suddenly feel like i want to find out the antidote to emotional ennui.
i want to show you the view by the bay at night. i want to show you how the little car lights in the distance seem to float obediently in a line just above the river's blackness, like luminous bubbles travelling through a plastic tube. i wanted to dive in and swim towards them but i was disconcerted by a loud groaning sound tt ascended the salty water enveloping my feet so i insisted we head back to the hall.

:: Butterfly in Reverse - counting crows

i wish i could learn a new song and learn to play it; one tt will make me feel like Foolish Games. michelle went for a gig yesterday. i made her promise to tell me bout any she hears of. i also hear tt Ben Folds is coming down here. good good. and i heard tt jewel came here before (even better!) so i'm hoping she'll come back down while i'm here and offer me a fine excuse for a recess frm anthrop french linguistics asian studies (yea, tt's the combi i finally decided to take in the end). the res club organised a music night on saturday and the president (who looks and sings a bit like james blunt) later asked me if i'd like to do some numbers for formal night. i said er..can can...just let me know lah. i wonder what i got myself into.

oh ya, eh andrew, tt happy birthday sms was frm me lah.

thanks again to all who saw me off at the airport and also to those who intended to. i didn't get to watch my first episode of CSI season 6 but i guess it's not so bad cos mummy said she'd tape me all the episodes. i can't remember if i've said this before: i'm so grateful my parents like lidong, even when he lets his wet hands drip all over the kitchen floor. i miss the babies - sam, clive and kenneth.

i got linguistics notes frm raechael today and found out frm her tt my stupid cousin was cheating on her. i'm surprised but i'm not at the same time and why should i be since i know well enough tt i don't know much about my cousin anyway.

looks like i said more than i thought i wanted to but oh ok i should go bathe now.


:: All You Want - dido

No comments: