Thursday, January 10, 2008

:: the familiar white noise that is cars whizzing down the expressway

i got a job! and a good one, which pays well too. the girl told me the pay was ognna be low and i was crossing my fingers please.. not 4.50 or less.. and then she said 6/hr. i was like oh. stun tiok. tt's ok what. i was looking for anything 6 and more /hr anyway.

working at The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel near tekka mkt for the next month or so. so far the colleagues are nice and the work is fun. today was my first day. i got to wash bed linen and blankets all throughout my shift, clean the kitchen, handle some check-ins and -outs, walk the boarders to the other building if they're staying there, answer questions bout singapore. and i even had french customers today! which was pretty lucky for them and for me cos of all days they chose to arrive on a day after the hostel hires a their first francophone crew/person/runner/sai-gang person, and the woman could hardly speak english so she was a bit relieved to have me translate what my colleagues said. and good for me cos i was hoping that my new job would allow me to practise my french so i won't forget.

No comments: