Thursday, February 05, 2009

:: Cancer - my chemical romance


hmm i'm not really into this song. but i'm listening to it anyway cos cheam suggested we cover it and i agreed.

i've had a eventful and productive week so far and i'm pretty pleased with myself {:oD monday morning, went to get my stitches checked and the dentist said they all healed really nicely and it doesn't even look like i had any surgery at all. not tt i had anything to do with tt but i'll take a bit of credit for it since i seldom get to take credit for anything in the physiological arena. wat am i saying? gibberish gibberish. ok, then interview at iseas which i tried my best to be excited about but seeing as to how i hate pr... plus, they said tt if i got the job, they wouldnt give me time off to do my celta. and then i met the currie guys for dinner at kuishin bo (tt i had organised), which was fucking fantastic. haha. jolynn's a lot funnier than i thought. im glad malcolm recommended kuishin bo.

then tuesday.. oh tuesday! i went for my celta interview and they said my application was so strong, they offered me a place on the spot! i was super psyched, since the guy told me tt they don't usually do this (they usually take bout 1-10 working days from the interview to make a decision). and they were really impressed with my lang-awareness task since i was the youngest candidate in tt batch. i'm trying not to be so smug though cos i know it's gonna be a pretty tough course. soo excited though (Wheeee...!!). then dinner at chomp chomp with durga and ravi. good times. got home late and sat in front of the comp for 2 hrs trying to find resources for tuition the next day. thinking up fun stuff to do for a one-hr eng lesson is actually pretty challenging.

went to st.john's to sing for some of the old folks with godma and her friends yesterday, then had my third lesson with eugène in the arvo. you know, i get so much kick out of it when i see him enjoying the activities i come up with. devised some game i called "monster heads" where we each designed and coloured a monster's head and then we took turns describing our monster for the other person to draw out. and then we compared the finished drawings. so he got to practice speaking and names of parts of the face/head; tt was pretty cool. and then after going through the rest of the body parts, we sang if you're happy and you know it. then went to malcolm's place for century egg porridge which was fucking sumptious. babysat his sisters for a while. had loads of good fun, really.

so tt's THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS OF PRODUCTIVE FUN (!!!!!), which is, to me, gooder than great. i got my teeth checked, brought myself closer to getting a job, discovered two great eating places (kuishin bo and malcolm's hse! haha) and had satisfying meals, got into the celta course i wanted so much, made a bunch of old folks happy, helped a little french boy improve his eng, made money, spent quality time with two sweet little girls. basically: making myself and other people happy, making money. tts wat i call a fantabulous and unbeatable demi-semaine.


just helped mummy chop carrots for her first shot at kueh pie tee. it was not bad for a first attempt. also emailed the cny pics of the kids to jane. paid my fees for celta. just need to email tt iseas to tell them i'm no longer available for the job cos frm march 23, i will be eating sleeping breathing celta. other things on today's agenda: study for driving (blurgh) and practising songs for the next jam.

:: Everybody Knows That You're Insane - queens of the stoneage

speaking of driving, couple of weeks back, when mummy was sick and uncle jeffrey had to take her to chiro and hospital in a cab, i was telling zac how shit i was feeling bout being useless. and he offered to chauffeur mummy to her appointments, which i thought was a really nice gesture on his part. didn't make me feel any less useless but made me realise how grateful i was to have such good friends. and i'm happy tt in my life ive met so many good men. parents' divorce and a couple of bad relationships are not gonna turn me off men.

ya, i think i might be in heat.

No comments: