Saturday, October 11, 2003

This morning: i am a true heartlander. i love sitting at the hawker centre in the morning in my comfy homeclothes, eating my masala thosai and drinking my teh-si, listening to the music coming from the malay station from the radio at the chinese drink stall, and reading the newspapers, while balancing with one leg propped up on an extra chair. i feel the happiest when i'm doing all that.

i went back myself after choir practice and stopped at BK to accompany myself to eat dinner. it's not all that sad as it may sound. i chomped turkish burger and contemplated contemplating[sic]. i thought bout how i hadn't washed my hands before i touched my food and i wondered if it was gonna kill me, like all those pple who die accidentally. then i listened on-off to the teeny-bopper lovesongs pumping out of speakers that i could not see. and this got me on the brink of a sad forlorn-ish mood but i was pulled back when i nearly choked on my delightfully-spiced steak burger, which i subconsciously forgot to chew before swallowing. then i wondered if the other pple sitting alone had the same things going through their minds. i thought bout how shad had said the turkish burger was very tasty; and this got me staring at my turkish, wondering why it didn't appeal so much to me.

i eventually did leave BK, and stopped by a makeshift shop and bought me a $2 shirt. (c'est une solde; et tu connais moi...)

i got on 291 and i thought of the time when i saw a guy crying to himself and i gave him a piece of tissue. and i wondered why the other people didn't seem to bother. and then i thought of how i'm spposed to be in cantor ministry, but i've yet to attend a single gathering. and i know deep inside tt i don't want to because i don't know how to believe in God. and tt got me wondering how other pple seem to find so much in religion, while i just fail to feel anything. but i guess i still sing in church because i hope tt through my voice, pple will be touched by God - in the way i have never been.

As i got off the bus: Was my birthday wish to be sane? i can't quite recall.

No comments: