Saturday, July 31, 2004

Healthy food makes you fart.


happy birthday happy birthday,
we love you.
happy birthday and may all your dreams come true.
when you blow out the candles,
one light's still aglow;
it's the lovelight in your eyes where'er you go.


~ the Puspalms' traditional b'day song (i finally caught the words to the love light part)


i played with my digicam today. happy belated birthday to myself. i'm worried tt i'm suffering from impulsive worklust cos i dont think i really care bout my bday anymore - an issue i don't want to approach now.

anyway, i'm thinking i shouldn't become a journalist because i love reading and writing bout myself so much more than i do other pple. which would explain why i can write more than 500 words bout myself in less than 20 mins but always have trouble squeezing even 150 words out when i write my articles. for scriptwrit, we had to write a letter to someone frm our past (beats me too; i never get the point of persson's assignmts). i couldn't think of anyone in particular, thus the 'unknown'...


Dear unknown,

How are you and what have you been up to?

I’m now living on the edge of Tampines and no longer in front of Bedok Reservoir. My mother, my sister and I had to move out of our old place because my parents finally got divorced. We live nearer to the airport now, where my stepfather is working as an engineer.

I’m currently studying Mass Communication in Ngee Ann Polytechnic and the dreariness of life in Third-Year is nearly killing me. Nowadays, I only wake up just in time to make it for school. Otherwise, I wake up late and take a cab. This has made me relatively poorer than I’d like to be. As you might have deduced, I’m still very much a procrastinator. In fact, I meant to write this letter more than a few months ago but never got down to it till now.

Schooling in poly has taught me more than I expected to learn; lessons on life, people, and other stuff that I can actually apply. I know that that sounds cliché, but I really feel like I’ve grown more in the past three years than I ever did when I was in primary or secondary school. Just for the record, I now understand and speak more than 2 languages.

In case you’re wondering, yes, I do still sing – in the toilet, in class, in church, at home, at other people’s homes… everywhere. Among other recent musical achievements, I’ve learnt to play the guitar, not very effectively though, because I’m still extremely lazy. I’ve also been writing poems, some of which I’ve turned into songs.

Since a few years ago, I got myself hooked on books – something I never had a penchant for previously. I’m not sure how I’ve benefited from this habit, except that I feel smarter and more enriched.

The way I look at life has changed quite a bit. I dare say I’m now a subverted little hypocrite. I still go to church like I used to, only now, I do it without conviction or zest. Some of the people I hang out with now are the kind that I would never have imagined myself to be friends with when I knew you. It’s not a bad thing. Let’s just say I’m now a lot more open.

Thus far, I’ve had only one real relationship and I already feel jaded and wizened. Occasionally I fall into a crazed state and become manic-depressive. Ironically, I think it’s because I’ve come to terms with most of my feelings and sometimes let my moods lead me. This is not always a bad thing. I still indulge in laughter often and tell lame jokes.

I sometimes look back at how much I’ve changed since I last saw you and I often wonder where I’ll be in the future; what I’ll be doing, who I’ll be with. I’m happy I wrote this letter to you. I’m sure you’ll be surprised by some of ways I’ve changed just as I am when I reminisce about my life. I hope life hasn’t been too harsh on you too and I hope to hear from you.



dom (who kindly printed my assignmt for me) said he read it and i am a scary person. perhaps i am. oh well. today julius said i looked plumper when the year started but now i'm skinnier again. i am not proud of this. i don't really like being skinny. been wrapping myself in work and slack so i haven't had time to eat.

listening to: Sleep to Dream, fiona apple

yesterday or the day before, i came home to mummy playing the piano. then aunty peng called frm london and i took over the piano. played some nice chords on the left and came up with a nice tune in my head for the melody. but my bad righthand-lefthand coordination meant i couldn't play the melody and nice chords togther, so i sang it out instead. i attempted to transcribe my new song but drawing score-sheets and notes was too tedious. wonder if i'll remember the tune the next time.


in other old news which i forgot to scribe:
- i know ethel has a thing for martin. i remember who i liked when i was her age. oh sch girl crushes are so cute. tt was innocence.
- i am drawn to 2 girls in my actdir class.
- i need to find time for a wax. urgent.
- i finally dwnldd OAG's AkuStatik.

listening to: Let Her Down Easy, terence trent d'arby





this is Chad. i think he's 8 or 9 this yr. he was spposed to be a crocodile but i couldn't find my green crayon so he had to be a yellow lizard. sorry bout the tail too, chad.

No comments: