Thursday, May 26, 2005

i'm afraid mummy will catch me up at this hour. i'm glad she hasn't caught us in my room yet. but right now it's just me.

should i start with yesterday's surprise or bout granny first?

last night me and lidong dropped by daddy's place and he wasn't in. he came back in a while and caught us alone in his flat but i caught him with auntie jessie. later as i walked to commonwealth mrt, i realised that it would've been more fun to discover that daddy was gay. i mean, the man-woman love affair thing is so 1980s. but, whatever floats his boat..
oh ya but my point was daddy and his friend catching me with my friend. but i win this one, dad; at least i told you i have a boyfriend. no hard feelings.

i don't enjoy the slightly smoother relationship zeh zeh and daddy have. me and daddy are cautious of each other and we have a boulder of unsaid things between us. we know what's going on the other side but we just don't need or don't want to take the effort to look.

i am (or was) the angrier child, embittered by how good manners just wasn't enough to make us a Happy Family. now i'm just a bit bratty but secretly amused more than anything else. some families drink afternoon tea while others are extended beyond imagination via remarriages and extensive affairs. see, no biggie. i wonder if i'll end up raising my kids to believe that their ancestors were a conventional lot. or maybe monogamous relationships would be so obscure by then tt i'd have to explain why foxes are so conservative (which i reckon i won't be able to do). today i reconsidered having kids; period cramps tend to do that to me.

i'll leave the story bout granny for another day. i still have to sleep and then wake up and then make some calls to find me a job. c'mon amelia, we can do this. i'm hungry.

No comments: